How to wash sneakers in the washing machine without damaging them
Imagine that you go for a run, you go to the forest and the ground is very muddy. Your shoes will be very dirty. These situations are very common, since sneakers are the footwear that stains most easily and they also wear out more quickly than other types of footwear.
Although the washing machine is an appliance created (mainly) to wash clothes, it also supports and allows slippers to be washed. Of course, you have to be very careful and avoid certain practices because, otherwise, the footwear could be very affected, faded and seriously damaged.
The large amount of water used by the washing machine makes it a bit risky to put the shoes in the drum and have them washed. Therefore, it is preferable to do it by hand. Now, if there is no other choice because there is a stain that is almost impossible to remove, you can use this resource to try to solve the problem of the shoes.
In this article, we explain what you should do so that the shoes are washed safely and without risk, so that they are not destroyed.
@PatientGamer2 @xboxBG Blatanl liars. Most don't even know how to install a game on pc— Ahmed Sun Sep 27 11:30:54 +0000 2020
How to wash sneakers in the washing machine step by step
There are certain materials that slippers are made of that, due to their nature, it is inadvisable to put them in the washing machine. It is better to discard from this solution those that are made of suede or suede or also those made of leather.
With the others, you also have to be very careful, but if you follow these steps, you shouldn't have any problems:
- First, try to remove as much dirt and stains as you can by hand. You can do it with a damp cloth and a little soap or you can also use a brush. Alternatively, you can submerge them in a bowl of cold water or a mixture of water and vinegar and scrub them with the brush.
- Take the shoelaces off. With the spin, if you leave them, the shoes will be very damaged.
- Later, remove the insoles from the shoes. Both the insoles and the soles of the shoes are the elements that can disintegrate or undo more easily in the washing machine.
- Next, put the shoes in a cloth bag. The reason this is done is because it is inconvenient to put them directly into the drum without any protection.
- Use a short program, at low temperature and without spinning. Washing the shoes does not require too much time.
- When they are ready, let them air dry.
If the shoes are white, before doing all these steps, it is appropriate that you make a mixture of equal parts of detergent and baking soda in a container, wet the shoes and apply this liquid solution with a sponge. Let it act for about 10-15 minutes. Finally, dry them and sprinkle them with talcum powder, which serves to absorb moisture.
In any case, when in doubt, always look at the label of the shoes to follow the manufacturers' instructions on washing the shoes.